Marketing Manager - Membership & Magazine Position Description
Reports to: Vice President - Marketing & Content
The Marketing Manager - Membership & Magazine designs and implements all of the association's tactical marketing campaigns to drive membership, magazine subscriptions, and ad sales. The Marketing Manager - Membership & Magazine also manages the association's e-newsletters, maintains relevant areas of the association's websites, and coordinates the communications calendar with the Marketing Manager - Events.
1. Tactical Marketing Campaigns - develops and implements all tactical marketing campaigns for the association's membership and the magazine through the use of traditional and emerging marketing techniques. This includes developing the campaign plan and schedule, creating segmentation strategy, editing and writing promotional copy, producing marketing pieces, coordinating direct mailings, developing and distributing HTML email broadcasts, identifying and maintaining social media platforms, budget tracking, and reporting.
2. Communications Calendar - supports Marketing Manager - Events in developing and maintaining the marketing communications calendar.
3. E-Newsletters - manages production of all of the association's e-newsletters (currently two weekly). Creates copy and works with all staff to ensure the association's programs and events are represented. Manages electronic distribution of e-newsletters.
4. Website Administration - manages content on the website. Ensures all information is accurate and up-to-date.
5. Webinars - produces all webinars related to membership and magazine marketing.
6. Annual Awards - has overall responsibility for the Annual Awards. Manages Annual Awards submission process, acts as staff liaison to the Annual Awards Task Force, develops awards submission brochure, invites and organizes volunteer judges, and works with Show Team to assist with presentation/announcement of awards onsite.
7. Other - supports the Vice President, Marketing with overall association marketing plan, brand management, website and social media strategy, public relations, budgeting, new product development and vendor management.
Skills and Abilities
* Exceptional promotional copywriting and editing skills. Ability to communicate creative concepts and strategies to a diverse range of staff.
* Demonstrated experience and results in print and electronic marketing communications in a fast, high-volume atmosphere.
* Ability to analyze and interpret marketing data.
* Ability to create and test new approaches for promoting association products, services and membership.
* Experience in magazine marketing a plus.
* Knowledge of Avectra's Netforum AMS a plus.
* Demonstrated ability to work with volunteers.
* Proficiency with basic office software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
* Proficiency with HTML editors.
* Social media savvy and skills very desirable.
Education and Experience
* Four-year college degree in marketing, journalism, communications or related area.
* A minimum of two years of experience in marketing and communications.