A non-profit educational organization is seeking a Communications/Administrative Assistant. The ideal candidate would perform administrative tasks to support the organization and contribute fresh, innovative ideas for both content and design to its communications functions.
1. Reports to department head and works in cooperation with senior staff members on a variety of projects.
2. Assists in executing the overall communications function for keeping a unified and consistent message that reinforces our mission, guiding principles and attributes/values.
3. Updates and maintains website and online communication methods, guiding and assisting staff as needed.
4. Plans and prepares informational materials for distribution through various channels by soliciting articles, seeking reprint permission, interviewing, and writing articles and press releases.
5. Provides assistance through copyediting and proofreading publications and reports.
6. Maintains archives of publications and electronic files.
7. Assists with general office responsibilities (answering questions related to the High School Division, coordinating travel and other support services).
8. Performs other related work as assigned.
PREREQUISITES FOR THE JOB:
1. Knowledge of communications, marketing, and public relations techniques and procedures and skill in the use of methods and techniques of composing and disseminating information.
2. Strong writing, grammar and editing skills.
3. Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite software.
4. Strong familiarity in layout and design principles.
5. Ability to work with and meet the needs of a variety of audiences.
6. Ability to write effectively for various audiences and a broad range of communication channels.
7. Knowledge of AP style.
8. Advanced knowledge of Web and print production requirements.
9. Familiarity with Web 2.0 and webinar tools.
10. Ability to multitask and perform on deadline.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Microsoft Office products (especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel), website software, Adobe Creative Suite, photo editing software, plus have familiarity with Web 2.0 and Webinar tools.