October 4, 2011
A professional association is seeking a person to manage communications, marketing, and public relations projects to support all departments and programs.
The primary tasks for the Communications Manager include but are not be limited to:
· Provide coordination, communication, and marketing assistance to staff.
· Build and maintain media lists and relationships.
· Develops qualitative and quantitative metrics to track the effectiveness and use of marketing campaigns in achieving increased visibility of the association.
· Create and manage short and long term communications calendar.
· Develop, in conjunction with staff, marketing materials for various association programs and events.
· Create and manage monthly newsletters to various target audiences and provide email distribution support to staff.
· Gather material and convert to appropriate formats for use online.
· Oversees the Association's social media efforts.
· Establishes guidelines for all association communications to members and outside audiences.
· Coordinate production of the Armed Forces Comptroller.
· Successfully complete assignments within established budget and project guidelines.
· Facilitates additional projects on an as needed basis.
· Performs additional duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates should have:
· A bachelor's degree and a minimum 5 years work experience in communications, marketing, and/or the public relations arena.
· Graphic design and writing experience with a high level of energy, creativity, and initiative.
· Ability to multi-task; manage multiple projects and meet deadlines; have problem solving and analytical skills.
· Experience with iMis database, Informz email system.
· Experience with a non-profit professional association is desirable, but not required Experience with the Department of Defense is a major plus, but not required.
· The successful candidate will have a customer service orientation, and a collaborative management style that fosters teamwork.