September 29, 2011
A professional society is looking for an Assistant Editor with demonstrated writing skills to join its marketing and communications staff.
· Assist the editor of the bimonthly magazine in planning, researching and writing content for each issue.
· Work with contributors to develop quality articles under their byline.
· Edit all articles, advertisements and layouts for each issue.
· Serve as back-up editor.
· Manage mailing list.
· Coordinate, write and edit monthly e-newsletter.
· Assist in developing written content for other various media as needed.
· Undergraduate degree in journalism or related field
· Familiarity with AP style and ability to follow house style guide
· Willingness to learn about financial services industry