FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 4, 2011
Contact: Susan Urbanczyk, CAE
Amy E. Lestition, CAE
Association Forum, Association Media & Publishing Partner for Holiday Showcase 2011
Collaboration Promises Enhanced Education for Attendees and Increased Value for Exhibitors
CHICAGO (October 4, 2011) – Association Media & Publishing and the Association Forum of Chicagoland announced a strategic partnership in support of Holiday Showcase 2011, the Midwest's No. 1 day-long education event and business services and meetings sites exhibition, held at the Hyatt Regency Chicago.
On Thursday, Dec. 15, 2011, Association Media & Publishing will return to Chicago to present an educational session at Holiday Showcase, which continues a strategic alliance with Association Forum. The education session on "Emerging Trends in Website Design” will provide Holiday Showcase attendees with unique access to exclusive content from the only organization dedicated to serving the diverse needs of association publishing and communication professionals.
"Our partnership with Association Media & Publishing allows us to combine our association's complementary strengths to deliver additional value for our attendees interested in advancing their publishing skills and expertise,” says Association Forum CEO and President Christie A. Tarantino, CAE. "We're committed to providing attendees with tailored programs, content and tools to help them enhance their on-the-job performance and it's through our partnerships with key organizations, such as Association Media & Publishing, that allow us to provide new programming.”
This year, Holiday Showcase attendees can expect to see a number of new and enhanced event features, including:
- A one-on-one appointment scheduling technology that encourages attendees and exhibitors to connect before the show.
- Online exhibitor profiles to assist attendees in planning visits to exhibitors.
- New, interactivity-focused education sessions which include hand-picked topics and speakers that will be of interest to a more senior-level professional.
- Hybrid-education conference that allows remote attendees to view and participate in a cross-section of education sessions throughout the day.
- More tools to help attendees better plan their booth visits through their mobile device or onsite kiosks.
"Association Media & Publishing is thrilled to partner with Association Forum at this year's Holiday Showcase,” said Association Media & Publishing Executive Director Amy Lestition, CAE. "The partnership enables Association Media & Publishing to demonstrate its rich resources, content and value to the association community in the Chicago area.”
Stop by the Association Media & Publishing table at Holiday Showcase. This day promises a full day of compelling education, powerful networking opportunities and business connections. There is still time to purchase a booth and have a presence at Holiday Showcase 2011. For more information, please contact Kasia Piechnik, manager of meetings and exhibits at (312) 924-7022 or e-mail Piechnik@associationforum.org.
For more information and to register today, visit http://www.holidayshowcase.org/. Registration for the full day is $99, but the early bird registration rates expire Nov. 30.
About Association Forum of Chicagoland
The mission of Association Forum of Chicagoland is to "advance the professional practice of association management.” Founded in 1916, Association Forum serves as a resource for 47,000 association professionals whose efforts serve more than 37 million members and generate $22 billion in global annual expenditures.
About Association Media & Publishing
Association Media & Publishing is the premier membership organization serving the needs of association publishers, business operation executives, communications professionals, designers and content generators and the media they create. From websites to blogs to magazines to mobile platforms, Association Media & Publishing:
- Provides insight, information and connections for the association media community.
Delivers practical actionable information to increase members' effectiveness in their jobs. Also, provides research and tools relevant to association media professionals.
Leads innovative approaches in community building: social media, webinars and in-person learning opportunities, for example.
- Hosts the preeminent recognition event of industry via the Excel Awards and individual best practices via the publications review program.
- Provides career advancement opportunities through an online career center, networking opportunities and lifelong learning experiences.